Friday, September 30, 2005

Baby's Got a Brand New Bag!

The last few of mornings, I've actually been able to get out of bed without being coaxed by nausea to the bathroom, or by dogs that need to go outside. For the most part, I can eat normal foods at normal mealtimes without hanging my head from dizziness in between.



Something is changing. I think I might have finally kicked the fatigue and nausea of my first trimester! I don't want to jinx it by saying so. Often I've thought that I've turned a corner, only to find it come back with a vengeance! It seems too good to be true... but I am in week 12.



My activity level has been climbing. Yesterday I was able to do 15 minutes on the elliptical machine and another 30 minutes of weights! This morning I swam - albeit leisurely - for 40 minutes! For the first time in MONTHS. Yes, I had to use flippers and pull buoys, but I was a fish!



I'm trying not to overdo it, limiting myself to really low resistance and exertion, and putting a time limit on workouts. I've been reading the CanFitPro course work for perinatal exercise. I ply my body with food on each end of whatever activity I partake in, today I am the eating machine! And I drink WATER WATER WATER, wear a heart rate monitor and make sure to keep my core temperature low. High-maintenance, yes. But GOOD.



I'm loving this new phase. It's a lot of work to do so much less than I used to do, but I just love being active again. I'm even buying an indoor trainer for my bike because I miss it so badly.



I can't wait till I'm really showing. Bring on the real belly. I'm ready to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment