Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Paunch-erelli

It seems like only yesterday I was flitting about in loose, flowing dresses and skirts, baggy shorts and cottony tank tops. Now the chill of fall is in the air, requiring more confining jeans and sweaters to make their way back into my weekly wardrobe.



Houston, we have a problem. None of my pants fit.



It seems that instead of growing a baby, I am just growing a PAUNCH. I eat enough food for the five babies it feels like I'm carrying, so there really is no wonder. And in reality, I've only gained a few pounds... but for someone used to parading around in spandex a good portion of the time, this is a bit unsettling and weird. My shape is quickly evolving and while my midwife assures me that the annoying transformation from paunch to cute-baby-belly is one felt by all new moms-to-be, I still find it hard to walk past my reflection in the mirror without thinking that I need to hit the gym.



I know this is only the beginning and that soon my waistline will be busting out well beyond the confines of my Britney Spears jeans! But right now nobody at work knows that I'm pregnant. So to them, it just looks like I'm getting fat. I'm only 5'0", it isn't that easy to hide.



So Sunday I went to Old Navy (with every other mom in the GVRD, it seems) and bought some loooong layered T's, and some pants too, two sizes bigger than normal. If it doesn't hide my new inches, at least I am in style, which is more than can be said for me most of the time!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure "pregnant" looks cute on you! and you got to go shopping at Old Navy, so can't be all bad... ;~)

    ReplyDelete