Monday, August 22, 2005

Newlyweds... and other news

Well, it's done! We're hitched!

Saturday was amazing. I only have a few pictures from the ceremony so a BIG post will have to wait. That and I have to pack for our honeymoon.

Jason and I got together on an island called Valdes, located in the Gulf Islands between Vancouver Island and the mainland. The cabin, owned by family friends, was one that Jason's family used to visit when they were little kids. Those friends were at the wedding and offered up the use of it for our honeymoon. What could be more perfect and romantic than that?


Our honeymoon destination... Posted by Picasa

Jason visited Valdes for eight days on his own and didn't see a single soul for the entire time. It is where he decided to ask me to marry him.

I look forward to being deserted on this island for a week with him! I look forward to lying naked on the rocks and soaking up some rays, playing fetch with the dog and doing yoga in the morning sunshine. Jason is taking his paint supplies and me my knitting, we've got a stash of delicious gourmet treats to share and of course some nice wine.


Bella, hanging out beachside... Posted by Picasa

Alas, no wine for me. I forgot that I haven't told you yet, but I'm pregnant! It's still very very early - going on 7 weeks. But we can't keep it to ourselves, we're so happy! Between Jason, me and our mothers, the entire wedding knew by the end of the night. And we figure if things don't work out, we'd need the support of our friends anyways. But our fingers are crossed and I'm popping my prenatal vitamins with reckless abandon!

Haven't told work yet though. Shhh, mum's the word there!

Crazy timing though. I found out the Monday before the wedding. You see, we had been trying for a few months and I had taken a test the week before and it came out negative. Ladies, you MUST MUST take those tests first thing in the morning! Then I went on my stagette... Anyhow my nurse friends have assured me that I did not harm my baby that early on with my vodka Slurpee, so that is a load off my mind! But the following Monday, things still weren't quite right and I took another. At 5:30am before going to teach my step class, while still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. That little blue + opened 'em pretty quickly!

You can imagine how quickly our wedding took a backseat! Crazy timing indeed.

But we are so so happy!

5 comments:

  1. Callie (and Jason)-

    Congratulations and, well, Congratulations!!

    Such wonderful news! Very happy for both (spoon to be all three) of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again!

    Glad to hear that I can stop keeping that secret...I suck at keeping secrets ;-)

    Enjoy the honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations! I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am glad that I can stop keeping that secret...I'm far to happy for you both to keep it bottled up too long!!!!

    Be brilliant and enjoy your week!!

    :) J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news Callie! Congratulations to all of you (including Bella).

    ReplyDelete