Why oh why is it that everytime I come up with a fun way to spend my stock options, the stock price plummets? I've caught myself in a vicious circle.
1. Have just finished paying off debt, have stock options to vest.
2. See discount flights to Europe, feel itch to travel.
3. Buy said flight tickets, hoping to use vestable options to pay for them (i.e. discount is now more like FREE)
4. Stock price plummets.
5. Put tickets on line of credit to wait for stock price to rise.
6. Stock price never rises. Discount ticket is now paid price, plus interest on line of credit.
I know the obvious fix for this is to cash the options first and THEN spend the money... but this rarely happens.
I think I'm going to treat myself to a nice coffee. I'll just put it on my line of credit.