Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Just call me "Busty"

Each morning I wake up and it seems as though there is something new waiting for me. The first trimester brought



* Seemingly walnut-sized bladder

* Nausea

* Creaks, cramps and groans from my round ligaments and uterus expanding

* Lightheadedness if I get out of bed too quickly (increase in stroke volume requirements without the increased blood volume to match)

* Fatigue



The second trimester has brought



* GIANT boobs



Normally I would not be one to complain about such a thing. In fact, I've looked forward to this part of the pregnancy - finally I can show off some cleavage! All my life I've wondered what life was like on the "other-side". The women in my immediate family all belong to the "Small-Breasted Women have Big Hearts" fan club. We can cavort freely sans brassiere, not a care in the world.



Not so any longer. The last few days I've woken up with these mounds on my chest - it seems they are alive with the network of blue veins that runs like a map across my chest. They are puffy and sore and heavy, not at all what I was expecting or hoping for!



Immediate thoughts are along the lines of



"WHAT ARE THESE?"



"WHOSE ARE THESE???"



"DON'T TOUCH THEM!!!"



Okay, maybe GIANT is an overstatement. But it's all relative for me and my girls. As far as I'm concerned, they're GIANT.

1 comment: