Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Drunk on Hormones

Today I'm enjoying a morning working from home. A steaming pot of Earl Grey (with honey, which I'm not allowed!), an extra-long ball-hucking session with Bella Girl, cuddling with my hubby before he goes off to the bus stop. I could get used to this!

Can't wait for mat leave...

I have decided that if the first trimester was all about the Paunch, then the second trimester will be all about the hormones. Over the past few weeks, I have noticed myself getting clumsier and clumsier. I just smacked my forehead on Jason's easel while bending down to scratch my ankle. I tripped and fell on the dog leash down at the park, in front of 3 other dog owners. I break things.

Not only that, while at the numerous Thanksgiving dinners over this past weekend, some of the stuff that's come out of my mouth has been downright obnoxious! Sometimes funny, sometimes too blunt, I just keep sticking my foot in my mouth. Jason called it my "Pregnant Voice"... a.k.a. my "SHUT-UP!!! Voice".

I think I'm drunk. Drunk on hormones.

At the midwife's last week, I had to do a weigh-in. I've gained 8 pounds! I seriously thought the scale was broken!!! This is the most I've ever weighed in my entire life, so weird. I even had to buy a new bra the other day, which I was slightly proud about I have to admit! They've moved my due date back a week, to April 25th. A Taurus. Jason scoffs at my belief in astrology, but I have no doubt that this baby is gonna be stubborn! In any event, I can now feel my uterus bump, and I have no waistline left.


Monkey taking over my Waistline Posted by Picasa

In other news, Dozer's owner has returned (and the crowds cheered!) and things around Chez Camp have returned to normal. No more wet toilet seat, no more kibbles in the bedroom, and Queen Bella has been reseated on the throne.


Bella's Rightful Spot on the Throne Posted by Picasa

I have 2 yoga classes to teach today, so I'm off! How much longer before I can no longer do the Cobra?

1 comment:

  1. Hahaa....

    You probably should get a shirt that says, "Beware: Thought Filter Disabled"

    ReplyDelete