Friday, March 3, 2006

Long Time, No Blog!

It occurred to me today that I haven't blogged in a while when Jordan emailed me worried that something was up...

Last night was Nutmilk's birthday (she hasn't posted in a while either!) and so we went out for a fab Greek dinner and True Confections afterwards for dessert. A great chick with a great group of friends! I just had a few forkfuls of mine and Jenn's leftover cheesecake, YUM!!! There were a lot of fellow bloggers there too, which is really quite weird and cool at the same time. It was nice to see Mr. Karlsen as well, although there was significantly less of him to see, he had lost 40lbs! I had to look twice to figure out who he was when I saw him at first, so crazy!

This past weekend we were all set up to have our hardwood refinished upstairs - Jason had relocated our upstairs stuff to our half-finished downstairs, quite a lengthy process! I don't see Jason get angry very often, but taking apart a certain Ikea computer desk was proving to be quite the vexation! Anyhow Jason did this on Thursday, as I was convinced that our refinisher was going to show up earlier on Friday. As it turned out, he didn't show for work until Saturday... After spending two nights at my father-in-law's, and a night in Whistler, we came home Sunday to find Peter still sanding! Arg!

Sunday night we headed back to JJ's house, followed by Monday night at our next-door-neighbour's (complete with Dozer and Bella sleeping in our bed) and Tuesday night at my mother-in-law's since she was out of town. That evening Jason and I had run out of clothes and so while our stuff was being washed, Jason wore some of his mom's penguin and polar-bear decorated pajamas and I wore her house coat!

Jason was convinced that the fumes were still not gone enough for me to sleep at home, so finally Wednesday night found us at Andrea's newly renovated home. I had pretty much had it by that point although I have to admit, it was pretty cozy. Andrea drew a bubble bath for me in her clawfoot tub, before tucking us into her gorgeous new bed linens after we had finished a meal of pork medallions with mushrooms...

Last night was our first night home and BOY did we sleep! Even though our upstairs is in a bit of an uproar, it is nice to be back home.

This weekend we hope to finish mudding and taping the drywall downstairs. Next week the completion of the condo goes through, so that will be a load off as well. And then next weekend we're off to Port Alberni to celebrate my dad's 50th birthday, which is being held at the curling rink after their bonspeil! Jason is pretty excited to try curling, but I will have to be content to cheer from the stands, gr!

It will be nice to visit my grandma as well, since she has been in the hospital for the last month. She fell and broke her hip about two weeks after my grandpa died and my mom has been worried sick about her health during her hospital stay. I can't imagine being in my mom's position right now, she is going to the hospital to feed my grandma her meals because she refuses to eat otherwise. It is sad, not just because she's hurting physically but also emotionally because her husband of over 50 years is gone.

Well it's Friday afternoon and I'm already home, so might as well start my weekend off with a bit of relaxation.

1 comment: