Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Etiquette Schmetiquette

People who know me know that I stick my foot in my mouth on a regular basis. Even in the best of times, I can say and do stupid things! I like to blame it on going through years of schooling and work with lots of introverts, but that excuse is wearing thin! This wedding stuff is stretching my etiquette knowledge to the limit.



So it goes like this... I have lots of friends, but most of them live outside Vancouver. The friends I have that do live in Vancouver sort of know each other, but not well enough to hang out or anything (with a few exceptions). My "best girl" (since matron of honour sounds dreadful) is my sister Karen, and she is waaaaaaaaaaaaay up north where there are igloos. Okay, maybe not that far, but she is flying in the day of the wedding.



My dilemna? I want a wedding shower! No, it's not an excuse to get presents, I want my friends to meet each other! So can I just plan one myself? Will that make people say "Too bad about Callie, having to plan her own shower, no friends I guess..."



Am I the lamest ever?



I would like to do something while my mom is in town, so that means I should invite my future mom-in-law too, right? And then my future step-mom-in-law too? I'm pretty sure they get along...



Anyone know any fun ideas? Spa night? Chocolate fondue?

1 comment:

  1. definitely not good with the etiquette thing. but I'd say you can through yourself a pre-wedding girls' celebration for your friends to meet!

    ReplyDelete