Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Prickly about the Cactus Club

Why is it that every single time our team goes out for a group lunch we HAVE to go to the Cactus Club? Geee, could it be because the waitresses are all curvaceous 20yr-olds, wearing low-cut, slinky, tight black clothes? Hmmmm... doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out.



You know, it isn't so bad that the guys on my team like to partake in the eye candy at the restaurant. If they served good food and had decent service, I would have no problem going there for lunch. Hell, I would even make the reservations! But the food sucks, it's overpriced and the selection is abysmal.



The only reason I decided to join them today (since I had a yummy lunch packed in my bag) was because Boss-man was buying beer. So of course I drank my fair share! Now it's 2:00pm and I have a few hours of work left to go, but my thought process is GONZO!!!



An hour or so in the sunshine with a beer in hand makes it pretty hard to return to work in any way, shape or form. I imagine the guys on my team probably have visions of Bambi, our waitress, dancing in their heads...



There are certainly some times that I wish I didn't work in such a male-dominated workplace. I guess it could be worse, at least nobody suggested going to the strippers! On second thought, I would probably get free drinks there...



Hmph. Where are the lunch restaurants with the eye candy FOR GIRLS??? Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. How about home?

    I will pour you cold Czech Pilzner in a frosty glass while wearing nothing but a smile!

    Oh, did I mention that it is sunny on the deck right now?

    ...and that I can cook?

    hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the wait staff at Cactus Club but one thing is just for us women, I am sure of it. No it's not eye candy, it's tummy candy. The teriyaki chicken bowl is like CRACK to me. The memory of it induces cravings for me every time I drive by the damn place. And they're everywhere, too!

    I have already gotten two other friends hooked. Heh heh, part of my master plan.

    ReplyDelete