Monday, February 21, 2005

Stitch n' Bitch

I seem to have a penchant for "traditionally female" hobbies, which seems strange considering the lack of feminity that I exude. The job I work in is completely male-dominated. I train for triathlon. I carry a man's wallet and my wardrobe consists almost entirely of runners, jeans and t-shirts (most of my clothes are tight, but that's just the aerobics instructor in me gravitating towards spandex). I have short hair, with little attention to detail outside of washing. I only wear makeup when I have a zit to cover up. I hate perfume. Those pointy shoes scare me! I dunno.



Anyhow, I recently decided to take up knitting. I sit on the bus at least an hour a day and get carsick if I read, so knitting just seems to be the thing for me. Portable. Easy. So what if I look like a grandma? I can crank out a scarf in a few days!



But add this to my love of cooking, quilting, cleaning... well I think my inner domestic goddess is trying to show her colours.



Anyhow, if you're new to the sport, I recommend the following book: http://www.bust.com/knithappens/thebook.shtml



This chick is funNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment